- Your News
The 2012 Practical Nursing class from Pike Lincoln Technical Center in Eolia held graduation in the Pike Co. R-III (Clopton) School gymnasium on June 29, 2012. Twenty-three graduates were honored during the evening ceremony.
A video presentation was played prior to the ceremony. The program began with the graduate processional of “Pomp and Circumstance”. Julie Hagemeier, a member of the graduating class, gave the welcome and introduced the guest speaker, Dr. Robert Glass and Mrs. Gail Branstetter. Jerry Cox sang the Nation Anthem.
Several awards were presented including:
• Perfect Attendance: Brandi Spangler
• Clinical Achievement Awards:
• Pike County Clinical Award: Elizabeth Palmer presented by Brandi Smith, granddaughter of Carley and Everett Lovell, in memory of Claude and Margaret Lovell.
• Lincoln County Clinical Award: Tammi McPike presented by Pike-Lincoln Practical Nursing Alumni.
• Audrain Medical Center: Angela Zugmaier received the award. Representing Audrain was Tricia Adams.
• Salutatorian Award: Megan Adkison and Matthew Unterreiner presented by Pike County Memorial Hospital. Representative Judy Prater and Representative Paulette Powelson.
• Valedictorian Award: Emily Harrison presented by Lincoln County Medical Center Representative Pam Duff.
• Personal Achievement Award: Kari Schuermann presented by Lori Kottwitz and Pam Tipton in memory of their father Walter Kottwitz.
• Leadership Award: Emily Harrison by MLN (Missouri League of Nurses) and Lincoln County Medical Center
Instructors gave certificates and pins to the graduates: Pam Tipton, Amber Elliott, and Stephanie Walker. The closing thought was given by Mary Byes and invited those attending to a reception following the ceremony. A rose presentation by the students closed the ceremony.
The following students graduated: Megan Adkison, Bowling Green; Kim Brent, St. Peters; Mary Byes, St. Louis; Tena Carter, Bowling Green; Abigail Farley, Troy; Shelby Graver, Eolia; Julie Hagemeier, Silex; Emily Harrison, Curryville; Kala Hickerson, Louisiana; Laney Janicke, Troy; Kelley Keisch, Troy; Marina Kurfman, Silex; Tammi McPike, Clarksville; Angela Oshia, Bowling Green; Elizabeth Palmer, Clarksville; Sarah Parker, St. Louis; Katie Rhodes, Winfield; Hilary Robinson, Bowling Green; Kari Scheuermann, Lake St. Louis; Brandi Spangler, Clarksville; Alexis Stavron, Wentzville; Matthew Unterreiner, St. Peters; and Angela Zugmaier, Troy.